Tips for a Great Special Visit with Santa:
- Make sure the batteries are fully charged and that you have all the film, video tape, etc. to take all the photos you want or need.
- Have your gifts ready!
- If Santa is to make his entrance with gifts, they should be labeled, easy to read, and fit into a 35 Gallon trash bag. Prior arrangements could be made before the visit to get the gifts to Santa. Timing is everything, as Santa will be with you for a limited amount of time. Santa will call the designated coordinator just before his arrival. That’s your cue to get everyone together, maybe sing a Christmas song or two. Folding chairs and low chairs do not work well for Santa, as Santa is a large man. A good straight back dining room chair works best.
- Stage some great photos by placing Santa’s chair near your Christmas tree or other holiday setting. Your photos will have more impact if the background has a festive look.
- Think about photos with everyone, old and young alike. Santa can stand up for a “buddy” photo with teens and adults if they are “shy.”
- If there is a balance or payment due to Santa, please place it inside a Christmas card or envelope. It is never appropriate to hand cash to Santa. So as Santa is departing, hand him the envelope and say, “Thank you, Santa, here is a Christmas card from all of us to you.”
– Santa Mike